Saturday, April 17, 2010

ME

While it is true that there is considerable variation in degree from one day to the next or from one time of the day to another, nevertheless in those patients whose dynamic or conscientious temperaments urge them to continue effort despite profound malaise or in those who, on the false assumption of 'neurosis', have been exhorted to 'snap out of it' and 'take plenty of excercise' the condition finally results in a state of constant exhaustion.  Excerpted from http://www.name-us.org/DefintionsPages/DefRamsay.htm


This is what I understand to be the main reasons that I need to rest right now, today...and NOT continue to push myself past limits.  No more of this "I'll sleep when I'm dead" stuff.  And apparently no more major paths of the flesh.  :(  I can make myself worse now and in the long run.  I've had this for a very long time...at the minimun about 12 years, but it's possible that it's been going on much longer than that, perhaps since I was about 11 or 12 years old. I'll be 36 this year. That's an awfully long time to be experiencing my "conscientious temperaments." 

No comments:

Post a Comment