Thursday, September 16, 2010

I feel better :)

I'm having a pretty darn good week health-wise, and I'm quite excited about it...well, excited as I can be while still being normal tired, rather than knock down tired and wound up anxious freak out can't sleep tired.

I'm taking pretty good care of myself this week, although I could be better.  I'm noting differences primarily in two major symptoms, fatigue and splenomegaly, and comparing them to which NSAID I was taking.  Tylenol seems to be by far the best, but I felt liver pain, I think.  If I'm on it every 4-4.5 hours then I'm alright, but it takes a little more awareness while the naproxen seems to give me a smoother up and down, if that makes any sense.  When I run out of tylenol, I know it, cause stuff starts to hurt, but on some days if I'm not pushing myself too much I may only need one naproxen in the morning, on a harder day I'll take a second one.  I do find that I seem to be a little bit more nauseous on the naproxen.  For a few days I switched to ibuprofen and I felt pretty crappy.  Although I admit that I wasn't on the ball about the every 4 hour thing, and so I may still have some room for improvement.  I haven't had spleen pain  in a few days, but the overall discomfort has been pretty constant.  I'm aware of say, how I lean on a counter, or how I position my body when I sleep.  I feel full and bloated and swollen, but I can deal with that more easily than the pain.

I'm moving in two weeks.  I have a helper with a trailer and a suburban, but no one so far who can help carry boxes.  Although if I can get the boxes onto a dolly, my friend can move them.  I'm a bit concerned about how this is going to come down.  I think that if I'm ready and packed, and that I take the time to move everything from the second floor in small pieces so I'm not going up and down the stairs, maybe I can 'stage' most stuff in the garage, and that will make moving day easier.  If I can do it in one trip, I can push myself through knowing I can crash afterwards.  I don't have much stuff, but I wouldn't mind one other person to help with boxes.  Ahh, it will be what it will be.  A move from a great roommate situation to what I perceive will be a better one.

 And it will be practice to see just how much crap I've accumulated living in one place for 18-ish months.  The longest in a few years.  This move will be good prep for the big move to California.  I'll have some idea of what I'll need to have out and available as well as what I absolutely don't need out and can be left in longer term storage...and that only leaves some middlish stuff, some of which I will not keep, some I will and I'll have to find a place for it.  This move will help me decide if my plan to ship a handful of boxes to SF and then load up my car will work.  (shipping the bike, of course) I SO don't want to pull a trailer, I'm simply not comfortable with the idea of being alone on the road with a trailer.

This will also be the time to decide if Switch is coming with me to California.  I just don't know.  I am so grateful to have him around, especially when I'm sick and in bed for a few days.  He really approves of mom taking lots of naps, and it's good to have support.   He helps with the loneliness that hits sometimes.   I am missing him this week while I'm housesitting, and I'm looking forward to taking a nap at home tomorrow afternoon with him.  Only a couple more days til the folks who live here will be back from Malta.  But I know that finding a place to live with a kitty is hard, and more expensive.  I don't have to decide now.  There's time, there's application, there's planning and manifesting a new place to live.  I'll simply open myself to what Goddess has in store for me, just like any other day.  :)

Alright, a fairly dull post, but I'm so thrilled to be feeling better that I had to share.  

No comments:

Post a Comment