Saturday, July 17, 2010

Abraham-Hicks, Money, and Macbooks

Many people protest when we explain to them the power of telling the story of their finances as they want it to be rather than as it is, because they believe that they should be factual about what is happening. But if you continue to look at lackful what-is and speak of what-is, you will not find the improvement that you desire. If you want to effect substantial change in your life experience, you must think thoughts that feel different as you think them.

--- Abraham
Excerpted from the book "Money and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Health, Wealth and Happiness" #503
Our Love,
Jerry and Esther

So I'm in the market for a new computer.  The drive on this one is bad.  I knew I needed a new one last fall, and I passed it up again in the spring.  I was waiting until I could have what I really really want, and that's a Macbook.  I spent over an hour on the phone with Sir, going over all my options an docming to a decision that I feel good about.  Yes, it's expensive, but it's the best quality.  And I believe that I deserve the best.  He says it'll last me 5 years easy.   Sure I could get a PC for $500 that would do the job, it would get me through, but I'd need to replace it in 2 or 3 years.  And you know what?  I'll say it again.  I deserve the best computer that my money can buy.
A few thoughts on this:
I don't watch tv, except for the occasional movie late at night, the computer is my primary entertainment, my primary way that I communicate with the world, it's the main tool for school and classes, and I need something I can take to class with me. The Macbook I'm going to order weighs less than 5 lbs, this one is almost 12 lbs.  That makes a big difference when I've already got 30 lbs of books and notebooks in my pack.  When I'm home and feeling sick, which seems to be fairly often these days, the computer is how I can connect with the world, it's how I can interact and maintain relationships without it taking too much out of me.  This is important.
And I am also believing that I deserve the best.  I deserve to go to a private school, I deserve to be awarded scholarships, I deserve to have love, I deserve health, I deserve my motorcycle, I deserve it simply because I am a child of the Universe. There is unlimited abundance.  And I will have enough to do what I am here to do.

And yesterday I was talking to a friend who asked what kind of computer I was was planning on buying.  I explained about how I've been interested in a Macbook, and how my friend talked with me to help me find the best deal, $100 off MSRP, no sales tax and free shipping.  She asked how much it was going to cost.  And when I told her she gave me the look.  The look that says she so totally doesn't agree with something but she's not willing to speak her thoughts and she doesn't want to get into it. She nods her head and gives a half smile.  Then she askes questions about how I am going to afford it, and aren't I depending on the financial aid money to live on and etc etc.  Then she goes on to say things like yeah, I might need a new computer but *I* don't need something that nice, *I* have limited funds, you know, *I* only have so much money to work with and so *I* have to watch every dollar. 

I felt so judged.  I felt like she was impressing her standards, her life views, her choices and beliefs about money onto me.  and it hurt.  because I care about this person.  but I've learned that she has chosen to limit herself, like many of us do I don't mean to exclude myself at all, but I've learned that she limits herself. specifically about money and abundance..and I won't let her limit me.  Not ok.

So I've been watching how much I listened to her beliefs, and I was questioning my own.  Because her beliefs are quite similar to how I was raised...those very type of thoughts that I have been working so hard to change over the past few years.  It was so easy to slip back into old thought patterns, comfortable.  But even though part of me wanted to believe her, I simply waited. Waited until I felt up to articulating my thoughts.

I tell my story as I want it to be.  I will think thoughts that feel different from how I used to think about money.  There is unlimited abundance and therefore I can and will have all that I ask, and all that I desire.  I will not settle for something less than, I deserve the best. 

I will buy the MacBook. 


No comments:

Post a Comment