Friday, October 29, 2010

Yes!!! LDN is changing my life!

I was driving home from the compounding pharmacy this afternoon after picking up my prescription and I was noticing and appreciating how different the experience was from about 1 month ago before I started LDN.  It was about the same time of day, I was weepy and wiped out, I was so tired that I elected to skip the highway and return home on surface streets...something I do if I don't feel like my reflexes are quick enough to do it safely.

And today I hopped on the highway, turned up the tunes and rocked out, sang along happily to the music, played the steering wheel drums...yeah, you get the picture...and I cried in gratitude.  I feel good.  I really do.

I am still getting really fatigued, and my body needs lots of rest.  Need my naps, watching my heart rate.  still feel some degree of muscle soreness and weakness, so I know I'm still sick.  I haven't beaten the virus, and I'm not cured...but I'm better.  So much better.

I've now been on the 3mg dose for 4 nights and I can see much improvement even from the 1.5mg dose. I'm thinking about going back to belly dance class...I think I wrote about it already, but I'm considering it seriously.  I still won't be able to jump on a treadmill or do lots of exercise...but I can walk to class without have to stop and rest. :) I can study for a couple hours after work, and I can do 5 hours of massage again (although I'm not good for much after that)

I still need to get out of massage and move on, it's still wiping me out, that hasn't changed.  But now I have the confidence that i can keep going, that i can get through school, that I can have the life that I want...mostly.  I don't imagine I'll be backpacking up a mountain, nor becoming a  professional dancer or athlete, and I'm ok with that.  If I can get through my average day, if I can feel happy and confident of my ability to get through tomorrow.  That's enough.

I have enough.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment