Monday, October 25, 2010

LDN Tx

This is a space-filling model that represents the chemical that has changed my life, naltrexone.  Who'da thunk?  ;) I emailed my doc with a brief version of the improvements I listed in my last blog entry and I got the ok to start doubling the dose as of tonight.  I'm excited and hopeful that there might be more improvements on the horizon. :D  There is a small chance that it may make me worse, but from my research that seems to happen more when and increase to 4.5mg occurs, not with the 3mg dose, which is considered ideal by many, including my doc.  If I got 15-20% improvement with this, can I even hope for another 20%?  That would be so amazing!!! I'm almost at the point where I may go back to bellydance class, I've missed it so much!  I'd still have to be very careful to manage my activity level and to stay within my heart rate limits...so no cardio level of exercise, but I may be able to attend and participate in much of the class.

I simply cannot yet express in words the improvement and positive outlook  I have on life.  I was pretty good before, even when I felt like crap I was happy with it, but this is so different.  I was feeling old for my age...I'm 36 and was at the approximate activity level of a 50-55 year old...and feeling like I had to move so slowly that life was passing me by.  Not anymore.  I feel a part of things again.  Such a weird symptom, but sadly a common one for people with ME/CFS.  I didn't understand it until I was feeling it myself.  It seems that I can handle life now.  Before I knew I could, but now I don't even question it. It is. And it is good.

yea baby.

:D

more in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment