Thursday, January 17, 2013

Finally!!!!

I've been conditionally accepted to Cal State East Bay in Hayward for the fall 2013 quarter. I'm pretty excited. Sure, it's only a "conditional" acceptance, but that's only because they want to make sure that my transcripts actually say what I told then they would say in my application. And they do, so I'm not worried.

I'm already reviewing the two year department class schedule in an attempt to plan what classes I'll be able to take. There's three upper division outside-of-the-department classes I have to take to fulfill GE requirements, plus I need to take three semesters of a foreign language, probably Spanish. I feel a lot more confident about the foreign language requirement, and frankly, if I wasn't planning on grad school I wouldn't need it nor want it, but I need it and that's the end of it. Since I last tried to learn a foreign language, I've learned how to study, I've learned anatomy, physiology, and microbiology, I've learned chemistry, and I've had a lot more mathematics. Those are all languages, really, and Spanish will be no different. My transcripts are on the way. I've filed my FAFSA, and as soon as I receive my 1099 and a few more pieces of paper I'll be able to file my taxes and my FAFSA will be official. I need to look into CalGrants and finish up a scholarship application. In the meantime I have to research grad programs. One step at a time.

It feels AMAZING to be able to study what I absolutely LOVE!!!  I'm thrilled. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment