Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Spleens and Channa Masala

I haven't been able to eat a lot lately.  I've had just enough mild nausea that food doesn't seem very appetizing.  I also can't seem to handle larger volumes of food.  I've been surviving on about 8-900 calories a day.  Good news is I've lost a little weight, which, considering my limited activity level, is quite impressive.  I haven't had coffee in weeks, and I've been enjoying peppermint tea regularly.  It's comforting when hot, refreshing when iced, and helps with nausea.

So tonight I had some rice noodles and a little channa masala.  not a huge meal.  and about half an hour later I had pain in my spleen.  I couldn't stay upright without pain, but lying on my right side helped.  I took a couple naproxen and rested with an ice pack for about an hour and it's better enough that I can sit up to type.  I doubt that it was what I ate, I'm guessing it was too much volume.  I've had discomfort from volume before, but not pain. bleh.

I've gotten into the habit lately, looking for some before bed to get my mind ready for sleep rituals, of pulling three cards from a deck.  I have Sonia Choquette's Ask Your Guides cards.  I used to use them frequently, but haven't for a couple years now.  I'd like to pick up a set of Caroline Myss's Archetype cards.  I've been working with a few specific archetypes from the book Sacred Contracts, and I've discovered some new perspective and meaning after my recent growth experiences. 

Anyway...I pulled my three cards this evening, and I wanted to get it down.  1-how to view the current situation. 2-how to best raise the vibration 3-what I am over looking

1-"Death/Guardian Angels" devastation, surrender, defeat, humiliation   Your Guardian Angels' message, "Let go and let God(dess) take over.  And move on."

2-"Survival/Healer Guides" suspicion, endurance, vigilance, perserverance Their message: "The danger has passed, you are safe.  It is time now to heal and learn from your experience."

3-"Loss/Healer Guides" sorrow, depression, grief, regret Their message:"Seek sources of help"

I wish I could copy the full description from the cards here, but I don't have the patience to type it all out.  This doesn't feel like and average draw.  Or maybe it's cause I'm feeling pretty crappy, and I had a feeling at the office today that it was time to move on.  I knew this was to be a transition year for me, and I was mostly thinking about moving to San Francisco, applying to USF and likely getting accepted and such.  And I've felt such positive transitions in other areas of my life...I guess that maybe a new job...something with some health insurance, might be super nice.  I'd like to work at Whole Foods...

I'm doing my best to listen to my body, to my Spirit, to Goddess...I'm listening and working and changing, and surrendering to transition, even if it's uncomfortable.  I think this attitude helps to prevent the clue by 4 to the head that comes when listening isn't happening.  I'd like to avoid the clue by 4 thankyouverymuch.

OK, bed now.  rest.  class in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment