Monday, June 7, 2010

University of San Francisco

I really really enjoyed my visit to USF.  I choose not to spend my money on USF gear at this point, but if the time comes, you better bet you'll be seeing me in a green and gold sweatshirt. :D

So I signed up for the first initial contact visit which was an hour long seminar with an admissions agent and an hour long tour by a student ambassador.  As soon as they realized I'd be a transfer student and a nursing major, they found an admissions counselor who had time tight away to take with me.  I didnt' meet with the nursing guy, but a general admissions guy.  I was able to ask a ton of questions but he couldn't answer everything.  I was able to show my transcripts, in fact, he asked if he could keep them.  So I've got a file started already! I have some advice on what to do for admissions, letters of recommendation, early applications, etc.

The school is small, class size averages 35, and they accept 40 nursing students a semester.  Just as highly competitive as most other nursing schools, but different because it's a private university. Application needs to be in in October and I could know as soon as January if I made it in, but it probably won't be until after FAFSAs are due.  FA package comes along with admission decision.   I'm in financial "need" and I have great grades, if some body's going to get a scholarship, why not me? :)

I'll also apply to SF State and probably Hayward (East Bay) this fall too.  Possibly Sac State too.  I also need to figure out which community colleges have applications in the fall and if I qualify for application. Who knows where I'll end up. Back up plan is to transfer to City College and go from there.

I know I'm supposed to be here, and I want that too.  I'm working with some financial fears, trusting Universe to support me.

No comments:

Post a Comment