Thursday, June 17, 2010

Epstein-Barr Virus

My brother bought me this for my birthday.  We found it at Wicked Grounds in SF.  There was every STD available, all the herpes, HPV, HIV, syphillis, etc. It came with an informative little card with an image of the virus magnified 1 000 000 times...and it did look like purplish balls with pokey corners....don't know if this is a natural color or a stain.  Ask me after Micro.  ;)  My own research was in alighment with the info on the card in that about 99% of the adult population would test positive for antibodies to this virus.  In children in can infect with no symptoms at all, and it's only in teenagers that the infection is expressed in the symptoms of mononucleosis.  Kris didn't get at first why I'd want such a little toy.  But to me this was an easy way of visualizing this little virus which is apparently wrecking havoc in my body.  And it's cute, and fuzzy, and has pretty eyelashes.  Yes, this is a way of viewing this situation lightly, but also a way for me to have something physical and external with which to focus my healing thoughts and energies.  If I can touch and love this little critter, then symbolically I am also loving this virus inside of me.  This helps me to allow whatever needs to be, to be.  What I resist, persists.  What I allow, may pass.  And if it doesn't pass, then at least I'm not at odds with my own body, I am at peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment